So you have found a great price on your Tenerife flights for your budget holiday, but you are not sure of how to travel cheaply when you arrive on the island? There are discount Tenerife flights available, but staying at this beautiful tourist hotspot can be expensive. However, it doesn’t have to be as there are many great options available for travelling Tenerife on a budget.
The general attitude to have when travelling Tenerife on a budget is to think like the locals do. If you can eat, drink, shop and party where the local people do, your holiday will be much cheaper than it would be if you hang around the tourist resorts.
Here are some more tips for saving money once you arrive on your Tenerife flights:
- When you are eating out, opt for the “menu del dia”. With three courses, bread, and a glass of wine for 7-10 Euros this is the best value out there.
- Save money on restaurant meals by picking up a few things at a local market and having a picnic. The weather is always beautiful in Tenerife, and there are many parks with picnic tables and barbeques throughout the island.
- Buy bottles of water at the supermarket rather than buying the overpriced ones in the hotel or resort.
- Take advantage of free tourist attractions and activities so that you can see the island without spending a lot of money. For example: In Santa Cruz and Costa Adeje there is a free white tourist train which will show you all of the main highlights of the area.
- Visit museums, such as the Anthropological Museum and the Museum of Man and Nature, on Sundays when admission is free! This is also usually the quietest time to enjoy the museum.
- If you want to save on accommodation, consider buying a cheap tent in Tenerife and camping in this beautiful setting. There are many excellent camp sites in the north and the interior of the island and they are completely free to stay in!
These are just a few of the ways that you can save money on your travels when you arrive on your Tenerife flights. Have a fun budget holiday!
Here are some helpful budget travel tips for those looking to save money on Tenerife flights and travel.